Every man wants to reap happiness/joy as much as possible and get rid of sadness through his actions. The highest happiness and least sadness in a society by these actions is when these actions are compliant to law.
A sustainable action by self that affects non-self is okay.
An unsustainable action by self that affects non-self is not okay.
Every action that affects only self is sustainable. Such actions are okay.
Law (Dharma) is compliance to sustainable actions.
Compliance to unsustainable actions is anti-law (Adharma).
A thought also is an action.
1. Cheating others: The action ‘Cheating others’ affects non-self. For another person, cheating my-self is the same action ‘Cheating others’. Since I do not like myself being cheated by others, the action ‘Cheating others’ is not sustainable. So, this action is not okay.
2. Not fighting against public issues: Not fighting against public issues is the result of the thought action ‘Let me not fight against public issues’. As this thought is an unsustainable action, this thought is anti-law.
3. Consuming very injurious drugs: Consumption of very injurious drugs may be ok for a man, but may not be ok for his family members and friends due to emotional attachment. Even the man who consumes such drugs does not like his family members and friends consuming the same drugs. Freedom of such drug consumption puts many people eventually in an unsustainable miserable situation. Enforcement to avoid such drugs is sustainable in the society. So, consumption of very injurious drugs is anti-law.
Some unsustainable actions:
1. Creation of environmental pollution
2. Not obeying public (common) rules
3. Display of hatred because of jealousy
4. Finding undue excuses to harm others
5. Preaching non-science or beliefs or illogic
6. A government that does not solve public issues
7. A theft or seizing with force of others’ lawful property, even if it benefits many people largely. Because, the takers of such property themselves do not like a similar thing for themselves.
8. Supporting an unsustainable action
9. Undue disrespect
Some sustainable actions:
1. Preaching science.
2. A less harmful lie or cheating or theft to save from extreme problems to life.
3. Display of hatred towards unsustainable things.
4. Limited alcohol consumption without problem to others.
5. Supporting a sustainable action.